Back to Jobs list
| Post Date
||DB2 DBA Contract Position
| Pay Rate
||St. Paul, MN
||We are working with our direct end client in St. Paul MN who is looking for a DB2 DBA for a 6+ month contract. If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to: . Due to export control laws, this candidate must be either a Green Card Holder or US citizen. Thank you.l
The Database Administrator will be responsible for supporting DB2, DB2 LUW Global SAP DB2 systems at 3M and maintain the systems at optimal performance, availability and efficiency.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Implementation of relational databases at an enterprise level
• Provide expertise related to DB performance, HA, and scalability
• DR Planning and execution in HA environments
• Physical database tuning
• Bulk loading of source data and source data conditioning
• Database security and diagnostic maintenance
• Capacity planning of database.
• Database user security and permissions
• Database automation through scripting and stored procedures
• Evaluation and utilization of software products to assist in the management of data
• Planning, installation, and maintenance of DBMS software
• Support/recommend reporting, query and analysis tools ensuring efficient database access
• Diagnosis of problems and resolution for application software
• Measurement of DBMS performance and tuning; diagnosis of problems
• Modification of system-level configuration to optimize performance
• Interface with developers for performance and data access requirements
• Development of standards and procedures for the DBMS environment
• Consultation with system administrator regarding O/S - DBMS requirements
• Maintenance of physical integrity of all production databases
• Regularly scheduled verification procedures and error correction.
• Monitoring errors.
• Stay current with new database technology developments and techniques, research new software and tools, proactively recommend improvements
• Participate in on-call rotation to ensure 24/7 operations of these critical systems
• Minimum three (3) years IT experience
• Minimum three (3) years experience mainframe DB2, DB2 LUW
• Production support work experience with JCL, IMS Utilities
• Experience with tools such as ENDEVOR, CA7, CA DB utilities and various performance and space reports.
• 3+ years experience providing Database Administration support for the DB2 LUW and/or DB2 z/OS Database environment (i.e. backup and recovery, reorgs, runstats, table partitioning, database cloning).
• Experience supporting the SAP application running on DB2 LUW or DB2 z/OS.
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Experience with Database high availability technologies (i.e. HADR, Data Sharing, TSA, CDC).
• Experience in Shell/Perl scripting
• Minimum 3 years experience with DBA support of Enterprise Resource Planning, Customer Relationship Management, Manufacturing Systems, Supply Chain Management, Supplier Relationship Management, or other relevant corporate systems
• 1+ years in a regulated environment (SOX, FDA, etc.) subject to compliance controls
• Excellent interpersonal, written and team collaboration skills
• Relationship building skills
Manager, Consulting Services
Back to Jobs list